Youlthorpe with Gowthorp, East Riding of Yorkshire
Youlthorpe-with-Gowthorp, two hamlets forming a joint township in Bishop Wilton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, about 2 miles from Bishop Wilton, and 5 NW by N of Pock-lington station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order office, Bishop Wilton, under York; telegraph office, Pocklington. Acreage, 1180; population, 96.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Bishop Wilton|
|Poor Law union||Pocklington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Youlthorpe with Gowthorp from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Youlthorpe, with Gowthorpe)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: