Yokefleet, East Riding of Yorkshire
Yokefleet, a township in Howden parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the Ouse, 6½ miles SE by E of Howden, and 2½ from Saltmarshe station on the N.E.R. Post town, Howden; money order and telegraph office, Blacktoft. Acreage, 1173 of land and 96 of foreshore and tidal water; population, 151. Yokefleet Hall is the seat of the Empson family, who are lords of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Howden|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Yokefleet from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Yorkfleet)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Yokefleet are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: