Wharram Percy, East Riding of Yorkshire
Wharram Percy, a township in the E.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile from Wharram station on the N.E.R., and 8 miles from Malton, with a post office at the railway station; money order office, Birdsall; telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 1459; population, 56. Lord Middleton is lord of the manor. The living is annexed to that of Wliarram-le-Street. The church is in the Norman and Early English styles, and consists of chancel, nave, and a western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Malton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Wharram Percy:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wharram Percy from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wharram-Percy)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: