West Newton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Newton, West, a township, with a village, in Aldbrough parish, E. R, Yorkshire, 4 miles from Ellerby station on the N.E.R., and 8½ NE of Hull. Post town, Hull; money order office, Aldbrough; telegraph office, Burton Constable. Acreage, including Burton Constable, 2069, of which 18 are water; population, 166. Sir F. A. Talbot Clifford-Constable. Bart., is lord of the manor.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of West Newton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: