Wauldby, East Riding of Yorkshire
Wauldby, a township in Elloughton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles from Ferriby station on the N.E.R., and 3½ ESE of South Cave. Acreage, 1021; population, 53. An ancient chapel has been restored and is used for divine service.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Elloughton with Brough|
|Poor Law union||Sculcoates|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wauldby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wauldby)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: