Wansford, East Riding of Yorkshire
Wansford, a township in Nafferton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 3 miles ESE of Great Driffield, and 1 from Nafferton station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Driffield; money order and telegraph office, Nafferton. Acreage, 973; population, 228. The church is a chapel of ease to Nafferton, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Wansford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: