Ulrome, East Riding of Yorkshire
Ulrome, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Bannston and Skipsea parishes, E.R. Yorkshire, on the coast, 5 miles SE of Burton Agnes station on the N.E.R., and 6½ N by W of Hornsea. Post town, Lowthorpe, under Hull; money order office, Skipsea; telegraph office, Lowthorpe. Acreage, 1586 of land and 23 of foreshore and water; population, 198. The living is avicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £112 with residence. The church is supposed to have been built before the Conquest, is in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, S porch, and western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bridlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Ulrome:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ulrome from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ulrome)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ulrome are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: