Tickton with Hull Bridge, East Riding of Yorkshire
Tickton-with-Hull-Bridge, a township-chapelry in Beverley St John parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles NE by E of Beverley railway station. It has a post and telegraph office under Beverley; money order office, Beverley. Acreage, 779; population, 305. Tickton Hall and Tickton Grange are chief residences. The living is annexed to Beverley Minster. The church was built in 1844, and consists of chancel, nave, and bell turret. There are a Wesleyan chapel, extensive bone crushing and linseed steam mills, and a large wharf at Hull Bridge.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: