Tibthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire
Tibthorpe, a village and a township in Kirkburn parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles from Southburn station, on a section of the N.E.R., and 5½ WSW of Great Driffield. There is a post office under Driffield; money order office, North Dalton; telegraph office, Driffield. Acreage, 2885; population, 278. The Earl of Londesborough is lord of the manor. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Tibthorpe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: