Thornholm, East Riding of Yorkshire
Thornholm, a township in Burton Agnes parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile from Burton Agnes station on the N.E.R., and 5 miles SW by W of Bridlington. Post town, Hull; money order and telegraph office, Lowthorpe. Acreage, 1202; population, 115. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Burton Agnes|
|Poor Law union||Bridlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thornholm from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Thornholm)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: