Stepney, East Riding of Yorkshire
Stepney, part of the municipal and parliamentary borough of Hull, and a station in E.R. Yorkshire, on the Hull and Hornsea railway, 2 miles E of Hull. It has a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Hull; telegraph office, Hull.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stepney are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: