South Cliff, East Riding of Yorkshire
Cliff, South, a township and a chapelry in North Cave ecclesiastical parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles S of Market-Weighton. Post town and money order and telegraph office, North Cave (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2129; population, 110. There is a small chapel of ease to the parish church.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of South Cliff are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: