Seaton and Wassand, East Riding of Yorkshire
Seaton and Wassand, a township in Sigglesthorne parish, E, R. Yorkshire, 2½ miles WSW of Hornsea station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Hornsea. Acreage, 1745; population, 358. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Skirlaugh|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Seaton and Wassand from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Seaton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: