Ruston Parva, East Riding of Yorkshire
Ruston Parva, a village and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, 1½ mile NW of Lowthorpe station on the N.E.R., and 4 miles NE of Great Driffield. Post town, Hull; money order and telegraph office, Lowthorpe. Acreage, 972; population, 140. The manor belongs to the St Quintin family. Limestone abounds and is calcined. The living is attached to the vicarage of Lowthorpe, in the diocese of York. The church was rebuilt in 1832, and consists of chancel, nave, and turret. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Driffield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Ruston Parva:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ruston Parva from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ruston Parva)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ruston Parva are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: