Rowley, East Riding of Yorkshire
Rowley, a parish, with six hamlets, in E.R. Yorkshire, 4 miles ENE of South Cave, and 5½ NE by N of Brough station on the N.E.R. Post town, Brough; money order and telegraph office, Willerby. Acreage, 6428; population, 512. There is a parish council consisting of eleven members. The manor belongs to the Harrison-Broadley family, The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value £956 with residence. The church is a plain building in the Early English style.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Rowley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: