Reighton or Righton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Reighton or Righton, a village and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The village stands near the coast, 1½ mile NW of Speeton railway station, and 5¼ miles NW by N of Bridlington. Post town, Bempton; money order and telegraph office, Hunmanby. The parish comprises 1827 acres of laud and 77 of foreshore; population, 252. The manor belongs to Lord Amherst. Reighton Hall is an ancient brick edifice. A line of rampart extends along the brow of the Wolds, between, Reighton and Speeton Cliff. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £243 with residence. The church has a chancel, nave, and a western tower, and was thoroughly restored in 1893; and the churchyard commands fine views. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: