Osgodby, East Riding of Yorkshire
Osgodby, a village and a township in Hemingbrough parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles NE by E of Selby, and 1 mile from Cliffe Common station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Selby. Acreage of township, 1560; population, 198. The manor, with Osgodby Hall, belongs to the Briggs family.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Selby|
|Wapentake||Ouse and Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Osgodby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Osgodby)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: