Octon and Octon Grange, East Riding of Yorkshire
Octon and Octon Grange, two hamlets in Thwing parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 7½ miles N of Great Driffield. A double camp, 330 feet long and 240 wide, is in Octon Grange, and was divided by the Quintana, or street of suttlers.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bridlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Octon and Octon Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Octon, with Octon-Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: