North Grimston, East Riding of Yorkshire
Grimston, North, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, on the Thirsk and Driffield railway 4½ miles SE of Malton. There is a station on the railway, and a post office under York; money order and telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 1564; population, 154. Lord Middleton is lord of the manor and sole landowner. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £170. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is ancient but very good, and has some Norman carvings and a Saxon font.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for North Grimston:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of North Grimston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: