North Frodingham, East Riding of Yorkshire
Frodingham, North, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The village stands near the river Hull, 4½ miles E of Nafferton railway station, and 5½ SE by E of Great Driffield. It was once a market-town, and has a post and money order office under Hull; telegraph office, Hull, and fairs on 10 July and 2" Oct. The parish contains also the hamlet of Emmotland. Acreage, 3137; population, 596. Some ancient timber has been dug from beneath the soil at Emmotland. The Old How used to be navigated by flat-bottomed boats to North Frodingham village. The living' is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £223 with residence. Patron, the Rev. H. West. The church has a Norman door, and was restored in 1878 at a cost of over'½04000. There are three dissenting chapels, and a cemeterywith mortuary chapel, formed in 1883, under the control of a burial board.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for North Frodingham:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of North Frodingham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: