North Duffield, East Riding of Yorkshire
Duffield, North, a village and a township in Skipwith parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent, 2 miles from Duffield Gate station on the Selby and Market-Weighton railway, with a post office under Selby; money order and telegraph office, Bubwith. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels, and there was formerly a castle, the residence of Lord Hussey. Acreage, 3407; population, 325.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of North Duffield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: