North Dalton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Dalton, North, a village, a township, and a parish in E.R. Yorkshire, on the Wolds, 6 miles E of Cranswick station on the N.E.R., and 7½ SW of Great Driffield, with a post and money order office under Driffield; telegraph office, Middleton-in-Wolds. Acreage, 4639; population, 520. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £130. Patron, Sir J. R. Walker, Bart. The church is good, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for North Dalton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of North Dalton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: