Newington, East Riding of Yorkshire
Newington, a township and an ecclesiastical parish, forming the western portion of the county borough of Kingston-upon-Hull, E.R. Yorkshire. At South Newington there is a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Hull; telegraph office, Hull. Acreage of the township, 796 of land and 383 of water and foreshore; population, 18,395. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1879, and comprises detached parts of Swanland, Kirk Ella, North Ferriby, West Ella, and Willerby townships. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York; gross value, £375 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop. The church is a building in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, and bell-turret. There are several dissenting chapels and schools. See HULL.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Newington:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: