Muston, East Riding of Yorkshire
Muston, a parish, with a small village, in the E.R. Yorkshire, on the coast, 1¼ mile from Filey station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Hunmanby (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Filey. Acreage, 2291; population, 341. There is a parish council consisting of nine members, and two members are sent to the rural district council. The manor belongs to the Mitford family. Mustou Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £185 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1863, and contains a stone altar, an ancient font, piscina, and holy water stoup. An organ was erected in 1877. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Muston:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Muston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: