Moortown, East Riding of Yorkshire
Moortown, a township in Brandesburton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles from Brandesburton, and 5½ NW of Hornsea. Post town and money order office, Brandesburton 5 telegraph office, Leven. Acreage, 513; population, 19.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Moortown are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: