Middleton on the Wolds, East Riding of Yorkshire
Middleton-on-the-Wolds, a village and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the Wolds, 8½ miles NW of Beverley, and has a station on a branch of the N.E.R., and a post and money order office under Cherry Burton; telegraph office, at the railway station. The parish comprises 3664 acres; population, 678. Under the Local Gov-ernment Act, 1894, it has a council consisting of eleven members, and returns two district councillors. The manor belongs to Lord Londesborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £877 with residence. Thechurch has a tower, and was built in 1280. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. Kiplingcotes Racecourse is in this parish.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Middleton on the Wolds:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: