Menthorpe with Bowthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire
Menthorpe-with-Bowthorpe, a township in Hemingbrough parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent, near Menthorpe Gate railway station, 5 miles ENE of Selby. Post town, Howden; money order office, Bubwith; telegraph office, Thorganby. Acreage, 1088; population, 63.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Howden|
|Wapentake||Ouse and Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Menthorpe with Bowthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Menthorp, with Bowthorp)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: