Marfleet, East Riding of Yorkshire
Marfleet, a civil and an ecclesiastical parish in Hull municipal borough, in the E.R. Yorkshire, on the Humber, 2½ miles E of Hull. It has a station on the N.E.R., and a post office under Hull; money order and telegraph office, Hull. Acreage, 1283 of land, 805 of tidal water, and 349 of foreshore; population, 235. Sir F. A. Talbot Clifford-Constable, Bart, is lord of the manor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £45. Patrons, Simeon's Trustees. The church is a plain building, rebuilt in 1883 on the site of the former one. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a coastguard station.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Sculcoates|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Marfleet:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Marfleet from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Marfleet)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Marfleet are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: