Luttons Ambo, East Riding of Yorkshire
Lutton, East and West, or Luttons Ambo, a township. and an ecclesiastical parish, formed from Weaverthorpe parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 6 miles from Heslerton station on the N.E.E., and 9f NW by N of Great Driffield. There is a post and money order office at West Lutton under York; telegraph office, Sherburn. Acreage of township, 2624; population, 358. Under the Local Government Act of 1894 there is a parish council with nine councillors and one district councillor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £300 with residence. The church was erected in 1875 at a cost of about £13,000 by Sir T. Sykes, and is a building in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and a western turret; all ther windows are stained. A burial-ground round the church was inclosed in 1876. There are also Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Luttons Ambo:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: