Lund, East Riding of Yorkshire
Lund, a village and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the Wolds, 1½ mile from Bainton station oa the N.E.R., and 7 miles NW by N of Beverley, and has a post and money order office (S.O.); telegraph office, Bainton, railway station. The parish comprises 3078 acres; population of the civil parish, 416; of the ecclesiastical, with Kilnwick, 763. There is a parish council of nine members. Lord Hotham is lord of the manor. The living is a vicarage, united with Kilnwick, in the diocese of York; net value— £270 with residence. The church is good, has an embattled tower, and contains a number of monuments. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a parochial school.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Lund:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lund are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: