Linton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Linton, a hamlet in Wintringham township and parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 7½ miles ESE of New Malton, and 4 from Rillington station on the N.E.R. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Rillington.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Linton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: