Leppington, East Riding of Yorkshire
Leppington, a village and a township in Scrayingham parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 4 miles NNE of Kirkham Abbey railway station, and 7½ SW by S of New Malton. Post town, York; money order office, Leavening; telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 1183; population, 68. The manor belongs to the Vyner family. The living is annexed to the rectory of Scrayingham, in the diocese of York. The church was rebuilt in 1803, and restored in 1869. There is a Wesleyan chape
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Malton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Leppington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Leppington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Leppington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: