Kilnwick Percy, East Riding of Yorkshire
Kilnwick Percy, a village and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, 3 miles ENE of Pocklington station on the N.E.R. Post town, Pocklington, un½er York. Acreage, 1579; population, 73. The manor, with Kilnwick Percy Hall, belongs to the Buncombe family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value,, £125 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was rebuilt in 1865, and is in the Norman style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Kilnwick-Percy St. Helen|
|Poor Law union||Pocklington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Kilnwick Percy:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilnwick Percy from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Kilnwick-Percy (St. Helen))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Kilnwick Percy are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: