Kelfield, East Riding of Yorkshire
Kelfield, a township in Stillingfleet parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the river Ouse, 4 miles NNW of Selby and 2 from Riccall station on the N.E.B. It has a post office under York; money order and telegraph office, Cawood. Acreage, 1791; population, 297. The manor belongs to the Preston family. Kelfield Hall formerly belonged to the Stillingtons. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: