Helperthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire
Helperthorpe, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, 5 miles from Weaverthorpe station on the N.E.R., and 12 NNW of Great Driffield. Post town and money order office, Weaverthorpe, under York; telegraph office, Sherburn. Acreage, 2593; population, 189. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £200 with residence. The church was built in 1875, and a N aisle was added in 1893; it has a tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Helperthorpe St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Driffield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Helperthorpe:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Helperthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Helperthorpe (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: