Hayton, a village, East Riding of Yorkshire
Hayton, a village, a township, and a parish in the E. R Yorkshire. The village stands on an affluent of the river Derwent, 1 mile from Nunbnmhoime station on the N.E.R.— 195 miles from London, and 2½ SE by S of Pocklington, is a pleasant place, and has a post office under York; money order and telegraph office, Pocklington. The township comprises 1899 acres; population, 199. The parish contains also the-townshipof Bielby, and comprises 3637 acres; population, 394. The manor belongs to the Rudstone family. The living is a vicarage, united with the chapelry of Bielby, in the diocese of York; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church is partly Norman, consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with battlemented and pinnacled tower,-and was restored in 1860. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel at Hayton, and a Wesleyan chapel at Bielby.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: