Great and Little Cowden, East Riding of Yorkshire
Cowden, Great and Little, a joint township in Mappleton and Aldbrough parishes, known as Cowdens Ambo, E.R. Yorkshire, on the coast, 4 miles SSE of Hornsea. Acreage, 1548; population, 112. Post town, Hull; money order and telegraph office, Hornsea. It was at one time a parish, but the church was washed away by the sea. There is a Wesleyan chapel here.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: