Gilberdyke, East Riding of Yorkshire
Gilberdyke, a large village and a township in Eastrington, Blacktoft, and Laxton parishes, E.R. Yorkshire, half a mile from Staddlethorpe station on the Hull and Selby railway, 5¼ miles ENE of Howden. The township includes the hamlets of Sandholrne, Hive, and Owsthorpe, and has a post office under Brough; money order and telegraph office, Newport. Acreage, 1042; population, 293. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Gilberdyke are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: