Foxholes with Boythorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire
Foxholes with Boythorpe, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the Wolds, 4½ miles SSE of Canton station on the N.E.R., and 10 N of Great Driffield, and includes the hamlet of Boythorpe. It has a post and money order office under York; telegraph office, Sherburn. Acreage, 2523; population, 263. There is an iron and brass foundry in the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; net yearly value, £516 with residence. The church, rebuilt in 1866, has a fine Norman chancel-arch and a bell-turret, and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: