Fangfoss with Spittle, East Riding of Yorkshire
Fangfoss with Spittle, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, on the York and Market-Weighton railway, 4 miles NW of Pocklington. There is a station on the railway. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Pocklington. The parish includes the hamlet of Spittle. Area, 1409 acres; population, 177. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of BarmbyMoor.in the diocese of York; net joint value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is in the Norman style, and was rebuilt in 1849-50. There are several small charities.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: