East Cottingwith, East Riding of Yorkshire
Cottingwith, East, a township-chapelry and village in Aughton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent and the Pocklington Canal, 3½ miles N of Bubwith railway station, and 8½ NE of Selby. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Bubwith. Acreage, 1244; population, 233. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aughton, in the diocese of York; joint net value, £172 with residence. The church is small and plain, and there are also a Wesleyan chapel and a Friends' meeting-house.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of East Cottingwith are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: