Cliff cum Lund, East Riding of Yorkshire
Cliff-cum-Lund, a village and a township in Hemingbrough parish, Selby union, E.R. Yorkshire, on the Selby and Hull railway, adjacent to the river Ouse, 3½ miles E of Selby, with a station, called Hemingbrough, on the railway, and a post and money order office under Selby. Acreage, 3108; population, 640. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Selby|
|Wapentake||Ouse and Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cliff cum Lund from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Cliff, with Lund)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: