Buckthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire
Buckthorpe, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, on an affluent of the river Derwent, 4 miles E of Stamford Bridge railway station, and 7 N by W of Pocklington. The township has a post office under York; money order and telegraph office, Stamford Bridge. Acreage, 1995; population, 232. The living is a vicarage and rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £212 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. There was a church in this parish in Saxon times. The choir, chancel, and tower of the present building, with the remains of the Lady Chapel, date from the 13th century. The nave was rebuilt in 1861, and the remainder of the church was restored in 1879. It is dedicated to St Andrew. The Saxon name of this parish, as given in Domesday Book, was Buchetorp.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Bugthorpe:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: