Wribbenhall, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Kidderminster foreign, Worcestershire. The village is at Bewd-ley railway station, and communicates with Bewdley by a bridge across the Severn. The parish was constituted in 1844, and has a council of five members, and a post and money order office under Bewdley; telegraph office, Bewdley. Population, 1278. There are extensive rope and twine works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £350 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Kidderminster. The church was built in 1879.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kidderminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wribbenhall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wribbenhall)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Wribbenhall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.