Wollaston, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Old Swinford parish, Worcestershire, adjoining Stourbridge, with a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Stourbridge; telegraph office, Stourbridge. Acreage, 476; population, 2333. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £200 with residence. The church was built in 1860, and is in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Old Swinford|
|Poor Law union||Stourbridge|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wollaston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wollaston)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Wollaston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.