Wick Episcopi or Lower and Upper Wick, Worcestershire
Wick Episcopi or Lower and Upper Wick, a village in Bedwardine St John parish, Worcestershire, 2 miles SW of Worcester. It has a post office of the name of Lower Wick, under Worcester; money order office, St John's, Worcester; telegraph office, Powick. Wick House contains a valuable collection of pictures, and in the gardens are a hawthorn 500 years old, and a mulberry tree 350 years old.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Worcester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wick Episcopi or Lower and Upper Wick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wick-Episcopi)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.