UK Genealogy Archives logo

Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard, Worcestershire

Historical Description

Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard, a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Frome, 5 miles NE by N of the Worcester and Bromyard branch of the G.W.R. Post town, Worcester; money order office, Clifton-on-Teme; telegraph office, Stamford Bridge. Acreage, 1696; population, 201. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £161 with residence. The old church is now disused, and a new church was erected in 1877 in the Early English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWorcestershire 
Ecclesiastical parishSapey-Pritchard St. Bartholomew 
HundredDoddingtree 
Poor Law unionBromyard 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard from the following:


Land and Property

The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.