North Hallow, Worcestershire
Hallow, North, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands near the river Severn, 3 miles NNW of Worcester, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Worcester. The parish includes also the hamlets of Broadheath and Shoulton. Acreage, 3358; population of the civil parish, 1282; of the ecclesiastical, 1768. Hallow Park, situated on a height commanding a fine view of the Severn, is an ancient seat, the property of Earl Beauchamp. There are nurseries and market-gardens. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value,, £114 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The old church was entirely pulled down. The new church was built in 1869, and contains a fine canopied reredos. In the churchyard is the tomb of Sir Charles Bell, the physiologist. There is a chapel of ease at Broadheath, and there are also Congregational and Lady Huntingdon's Connexion chapels.
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cHenwick
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.