Newbold or Newbold on Stour, Worcestershire
Newbold or Newbold-on-Stour, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Tredington parish, Worcestershire. The hamlet lies on the river Stour, at the boundary with Warwickshire, near the Fosse Way, 3 miles N of Shipston-on-Stour. The ecclesiastical parish contains also the hamlets of Armscott and Talton, and its post town is Shipston-on-Stour. It was constituted in 1844; population, 425. For parish council purposes Newbold, Armscott, and Talton form a ward of Tredington parish, which returns five members to the council. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £250 with residence. Patron, Jesus College, Oxford. The church was restored in 1885.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Shipston-upon-Stour|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newbold or Newbold on Stour from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Newbold)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.