Malvern Link, Worcestershire
Malvern Link, an ecclesiastical parish in Leigh parish, Worcestershire, 1 mile NE of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1846, and forms an important suburb of Great Malvern. It has a station on the Worcester and Hereford section of the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Great Malvern. Population, 3305. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £252 with residence. Patron, Earl Beaucbamp. The church was built in 1846, was greatly enlarged in 1881, and is in the Early English style. There is a mission chapel, and also a chapel for the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Malvern Link from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Link, The, or Malvern-Link)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Malvern Link are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.